Securing a computer is an on-going process. Regular vulnerability scanning is a necessary part of maintaining your information security.
What is Vulnerability Scanning?
Vulnerability Scanning is a security technique used to analyze the security of your network using automated vulnerability scanning tools. These tools are either network-based or host-based (run on your computer).
The scanning tools generally scan your computer for known security weaknesses that the scanner can test for or for open ports (services). Once a penetration test is completed a detailed report is provided outlining validated vulnerabilities, including potential risk, and recommendations for remediation.
Website Vulnerability Scanning — simple, fast and affordable for everyone
Red Riding Hood Consulting specializes in Web Application scanning to look for known security vulnerabilities such as cross-site scripting, SQL injection and many others.
We provide simple and cost-effective solutions for Small and Medium Businesses to scan their website pages, applications and web servers to find security weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
Do not give hackers an opportunity to do the damage.
Test Your Website Security Today
Call us at 647-478-7959.
Why it´s important?
Doing regular vulnerability scanning may help to detect security holes BEFORE they are exploited by attackers. The constant and early identification of security flaws allows your organization to react quickly and appropriately, close security holes and help defend against attacks and data compromises.
Types of vulnerabilities for which Vulnerability Scanning may be useful:
- Unnecessary open ports
- Unused user accounts
- Unnecessary services
- Password crackers
- System configuration errors/unsafe configurations
- Coding flaws/unsafe code
- Missing service packs and security fixes
- With a vulnerability scanning we can check your system for known defects to make sure they are patched correctly
- Vulnerability scanning demonstrates potential risk, which can be used for requesting additional funding or upgrading resources
- Our specialists on hand to not only expose potentially harmful defects, but to offer cost-effective ways in which to repair and better protect your network
Pen Test vs. Vulnerability Scan
Penetration testing and vulnerability scanning are powerful tools for monitoring and improvement of information security programs.
There are some key differences between them:
- Where a penetration test focuses on emulating specific threat actors and actions in order to seek out the resultant impact and risk, a vulnerability assessment does not.
- In vulnerability scanning the goal is to identify potential vulnerabilities. The goal of a penetration test is to identify the issue.
- Where a vulnerability scan can be automated, a penetration test requires various levels of tester expertise.
- Ideally, vulnerability scans should be run continuously while penetration tests occur once a year.